Labels

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Billiards, Beach, Burgers, and Bikes


So lately I’ve been a little Bummed to say the least (sorry I promise I’m done with the “B” puns). I have just been very discouraged for a number of reasons. It seems no matter how much I work I can’t seem to save any money, no matter how much I try to plan time to make it to the gym things get in the way, and to tell the truth I’ve just been plain lonely. I’ve always been a very independent person by nature but sometimes that can lead to a lonely life.

Luckily, I think this weekend was just what I needed to help pull me out of my little funk. It was a hard weekend at the bakery, but by the end of Saturday we sent out some amazing cakes that may be some of my new favorites. Friday night I had a lot of fun detailing a small pool table cake. And thanks to dating a guy in college with an awesome poolroom I was pretty proud of myself that I remembered most of the colors and numbers for each ball. I did have to cheat a little in the end and print out a picture to check, but it was still a lot of fun to make and reminded me of some good times. There was also a pretty fun toy story cake . (Here is a quick picture of the billiards cake, but I promise to post the rest in my usual weekly cake decorating post).

After the bakery I came home had a good dinner from 10-top and took a nap. Later M1 and I walked down to the boot for a drink and R stopped by. We ended the night at T-west and it was just a nice way to end a stressful week.

Today was the beach day I have been longing for. I have actually been dreaming about it and telling myself everyday it would be here soon. The weather was perfect, I read almost ¼ of a book I hadn’t had time to even start before and it was strangely warm enough to swim. We headed back just before the weather came in and I stopped by Trader Joes to stock up on some yummy food.

Then it was time for the burgers. I have been on a veggie burger kick lately and have been trying different recipes to make my own. Tonight was Fajita black bean burgers and I think they came out really well! (Will post recipe soon)

I finished part of my doodle chair and M1 and I took a crazy long bike ride all through Ghent and downtown. So other than a bit of a sunburn on the back of my legs and ignoring all chores and things I was going to get done this weekend, It was kind of amazing and just the weekend I needed to pull me out of my pity party.

No comments:

Post a Comment