Labels

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moving Box Cake



One of my good friends is leaving me :(. Her husband got a promotion and they are moving to Minneapolis this month. She was one of my first friends here in Norfolk and I will miss her dearly. At work the other day we had a going away luncheon for her to give everyone a chance to visit and say goodbye. So of course as soon as we started planning I went straight to looking up ideas for the cake. I decided I would put some of my new found fondant skills to work and this is what came out...The fun thing about this cake is you can really personalize what is coming out of the box to what the person would take with them when they move. For L I made the dog collars of her her two dogs, a scarf because she is moving somewhere cold, a key chain of her alma mater and a page of her structures homework because she is studying to take her test now.


The cake itself was a chocolate chip devil's food with chocolate cream cheese filling. I think people liked it.


Although the cake came out really well, I realized very quickly that making cakes like this in my house is next to impossible. Maybe I'm a little spoiled working in the bakery, but unless we get a bigger kitchen if you want one of these cakes you may have to come by the bakery to order it.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...Thanks for posting this. It was a great cake! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! sherman oaks moving company

    ReplyDelete