Labels

Monday, April 4, 2011

One day....


I do consider myself a collector. Most of my collectibles fall into one of 4 categories:

Family / Antique Jewelry
Charley Harper Prints / Books / things
Junk I love

and last but not least....

Designer chairs!

I have a true love and, almost need for, designer chairs. Last year I officially started my collection of Mid-Century Modern furniture when I purchased my first two Eames molded plastic chairs. It was hard to choose but I got the Rocker in the Blue and the Side armless in the Lime green with the dowel legs...both of which I still love!


A few months later we were doing a sketching exercise over in the arcade and I happen to take the last few minutes to walk through one of the local galleries that happen to be having an auction for the Wassily chair by Marcel Breuer! needless to say, even though I had no business buying three chairs this year, I just couldn't pass it up. So I wrote down a sensible bid knowing the worth of the chair and crossed my fingers I wouldn't get it (like I said, I could not afford this chair and with my London / Scotland trip only two months away I knew I should not have even entered). One week, to the day, before my trip I got the email saying I had one the chair. So I opened up my travel fund and wrote a check for the chair. looking back I'm happy I won and love my chair :)
Which brings me to the reason of this post. I came across an interesting post on the etsy blog today about one of my all time favorite chairs (the eames lounge) and thought I would share it with other chair lovers out there.
http://www.etsy.com/storque/handmade-life/noted-assembling-the-eames-lounge-chair-12567/?ref=fp_blog_title

One day I hope to have a little house of my own filled with all my fun chairs and prints :)



No comments:

Post a Comment