Labels

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year’s Resolutions 2011

2010 was a year of fun, food, and friends. It was so much fun that I am now forced to ground myself for the entire year of 2011….no more fun, food, and studying will most likely keep me from friends. Sad I know. It sounds worse than it is. Pretty much, last year I did whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and now I need to deal with the consequences.

Fun: Trips to Vegas, NYC twice, Home, London, and Scotland along with the purchasing of two new cameras and three new designer chairs has pretty much drained all of my funds. I am starting the New Year with a little over $30 in my savings account and more credit card debt than I care to mention. All is not lost, but it is just time for me to take care of things. As a reward for being good this next year I want to take a trip the next summer to either Greece or Ireland, or maybe both J. That is if I can get my financials under control. Today I made an appointment to take my car in for its 15,000 mile checkup. I will be using the money my dad gave me for Christmas for this instead of the printer I have been stalking online. Boo for being a grown up L

Food: as you may have noticed I have gained approximately 42lbs since college and 53lbs since high school. I know I will never be back to what I was when I was 17 (or do I really want to) but this year is time for a lifestyle change. I have to stop eating what I want, when I want it, and start using my gym membership that I pay for each month. I am not promising to get up at 5am everyday and run 5 miles, but my goal is to go at least 3 to 4 times a week. This coupled with a healthy diet consisting of reduced proportions and less baking should help me get my weight to a more manageable number. I’m not saying I’m going to stop experimenting the kitchen all together, more that I’m going to try to limit it to people’s birthdays and the weekends. No more baking just for the house, if it is coming out of the oven it needs to be going out the door! Sorry roomies.

Friends: Although I am always looking for new friends and always up for a goodtime, this year must be a year of discipline. I have been approved to start taking my ARE’s (architectural licensing exams) and I am giving myself this year to take 6 of the 7. There is a structures class only offered in January that I will wait until next year to take. Each test will cost almost $300 and I am only reimbursed if I pass, so this kind of goes hand and hand with my money goals.

This post is stating my goals out loud and on paper therefore if I don’t meet them I will have to face not only myself but all of you at the end of the year! Hopefully most of the following posts will be me writing in triumph, not whining about how it's too hard. Wish me luck, 2011 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment