Labels

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I'm really not sure why I love this holiday so much. I don't dive deep into the true meanings and history of the holiday itself but love the fun loving, creative, candy eating phenomenon it has become today. I love making costumes, carving pumpkins, and handing out candy to all the kids in their cute costumes. So here is a little sampling of Halloweens past.


2011

The Riddler and the Butterfly




2010
Van Gough's Starry Night Painting


J, B, and I all went as paintings. And everyone else had fun dressing up too!

Our House

Got to run in the very first Survive norfok. Unfortunately my brains were eaten and I did become a zombie
but we sure had fun doing it!



2009

Wicked Witch of the East  (wizard of oz scene)


This was a little abstract. The dress was the house, window earrings, door necklace, yellow brick road headband, and "tornado" hair. I thought it was fun though. 

Mr. Swirly pumpkin


2008 - I was moving to Virginia on Halloween and did not get to celebrate :(

2007
Peacock tail

and Peacock make-up

Van Gough's "Cafe Terrace at Night" pumpkin

 and you have to love giving your mid-semester reviews in costume in red barn...a time honored tradition



2006
Strawberry Short Cake
70's go-go dancers out at Liqour Treat :)


starry night pumpkin


Made it into an article in Southern Living and now part of their Pumpkin carving slide show
http://www.southernliving.com/home-garden/holidays-occasions/halloween-pumpkins-00400000054772/page3.html



and maybe I can think my mother and Grandmother for why I still love it so much


Happy Halloween all!


No comments:

Post a Comment